Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wild Flowers brought to you by CDTA

I read in the newspaper today that we can all ride the bus for free on Earth Day.

Good promotion. Good marketing. Good for the earth.

Pick up a pass at one of the locations listed here ... while supplies last.

I called the CDTA information line listed in the article to ask about the promotion. It sounded like I was my operator's first caller asking about this subject. Hopefully, I'm not the only. She had the information at her fingertips and shared it well, though -- she had no idea what the "DABID" was. I gave her the 411, and she was thankful. A trained employee will take you far.

When you're done with your pass, don't forget to plant it or donate it to Capital District Community Gardens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm . . . what is DABID?

Leah Golby (aka This Quality Life or TQL) said...

DABID=Downtown Albany Business Improvement District.

O. said...

Since last year, I've been using CDTA for my commute and I love it. This is an awesome blog and I will visit often.

Rob said...

The one day this week I have to take my car is 4/22/08. How's that for irony? I rode my bike today, though, and plan to do the same for the rest of the week (except Tuesday). Hopefully that'll redeem my non-Earth-Day activities (i.e., running all over town in my car to get errands done within tight deadlines).

Love this blog, by the way!

Roger Owen Green said...

Well, thanks for the info on the CDTA. I have a monthly pass, so I didn't take the seeds. Today, I took the bus to daughter's day care,, biked to the Y, bus to Corporate (frickin') Woods. Later, bus back to the Y, then bike home.

Roger Owen Green said...

BTW, I've linked to you. You're stuck in the People I Actual Know section because, well...