Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Good to Let the Right Hand Know What the Left is Doing

Last week, CDTA posted a Service Alert, noting that among other things, on Monday May 26 (Memorial Day -- observed), buses would run on the Sunday/ Holiday schedule. Today is Memorial Day and, I needed to run to the grocery store.

I decided to give Trip Planner a whirl, which I hadn't done in a long time. I input my home address and tried a couple of different options for destinations, and it's a good thing I didn't heed Trip Planner's advice. If I had, I'd still be outside waiting for the Number 3 which doesn't run on Sundays/ Holidays. It sure is important to let the right hand know what the left is doing, especially when you're directing your website's traffic to to the iRide Trip Planner with prime real estate. Somehow, the Service Alert folks didn't let the Trip Planner programmers know to schedule today as a Sunday/Holiday, or perhaps they don't have those programmer positions filled. In any case, it was a definite "CDTA Oops."

Hopefully, the rest of the region was too busy with Memorial Day observances, parades and services, and outings to be left waiting for a bus that won't be coming until Tuesday.

No comments: