Tuesday, June 17, 2008

CDTA Dismantles Circular Reasoning in Time for the Truckers

I'm in the habit of checking the TU website periodically throughout the day. A few minutes ago, I noticed a headline on the newspaper's re-designed home page, "Truckers rally reroutes buses". The article gives some general information about the reroutes, and notifies the public that "CDTA supervisors will be stationed downtown to help customers with boarding." Cool. The article also refers the public to CDTA's Customer Information Line or the CDTA website for more information.

Just eight days ago, I ranted about CDTA's circular reasoning when it came to notifying the public of bus reroutes.

So, when I went to the website, I assumed it would be more of the same circular reasoning.

But no.

The service alert announcing reroutes for Thursday's Truckers-in-town included the reroute details for each of the affected bus lines in the press release, posted right on the website for riders to view.

Never mind that it uses the phrase "staging area" which I cannot write without hearing Donald Rumsfeld's voice in the back of my head.

It's great to have the information with a couple of clicks -- thank you CDTA!

No comments: