Updates on the tragedy of Kathina Thomas...
- Corey Ellis' "Save our Neighborhoods" campaign is hopefully gaining momentum
- Support from throughout the city, throughout the region, continues.
- Reward amount has increased from $1,000 to $11,000, but nothing will bring back Kathina.
- While, in Schenectady, a visiting eighteen year-old was shot to death in a "targeted" attack.
- Tedisco talks of increasing penalties for killing children, but still nothing will bring back Kathina.
- In Troy yesterday, people marched for another life lost to gun violence.
- A bright Mom I know thinks elected officials are too mired in old political battles to help anytime soon, and wants a movement among mothers across divides (racial, neighborhood, economic) to end the violence, and save our children.
- Tonight, the Albany Common Council meets at 7 p.m. -- I hope they get an earful from the community.
- Tomorrow , the Gun Violence Task force meets - 4-6 p.m., "First" Israel AME Church, 381 Hamilton Street-Albany
It's time to save our neighborhoods, so that our children can become adults one day.
The week ahead - Here are a few things to keep in mind, look forward to, or keep busy with this week, from the weather (very July), to movies, to the ballet, to authors, to...
12 hours ago