Updates on the tragedy of Kathina Thomas...
- Corey Ellis' "Save our Neighborhoods" campaign is hopefully gaining momentum
- Support from throughout the city, throughout the region, continues.
- Reward amount has increased from $1,000 to $11,000, but nothing will bring back Kathina.
- While, in Schenectady, a visiting eighteen year-old was shot to death in a "targeted" attack.
- Tedisco talks of increasing penalties for killing children, but still nothing will bring back Kathina.
- In Troy yesterday, people marched for another life lost to gun violence.
- A bright Mom I know thinks elected officials are too mired in old political battles to help anytime soon, and wants a movement among mothers across divides (racial, neighborhood, economic) to end the violence, and save our children.
- Tonight, the Albany Common Council meets at 7 p.m. -- I hope they get an earful from the community.
- Tomorrow , the Gun Violence Task force meets - 4-6 p.m., "First" Israel AME Church, 381 Hamilton Street-Albany
It's time to save our neighborhoods, so that our children can become adults one day.
"Do you like to eat? Do you like to read?" - Bookmarked: There is an Albany Food Readers Book Club that meets every two months to talk about -- you guessed it -- books about food. Group blurbage: Do y...
1 hour ago